Learn about female-identifying writers of colour from a local writer, with an introduction to contemporary authors, their major work, and their place in today’s literary landscape.
You will be introduced to the African diaspora literature, through Maxine Beneba Clarke’s writing. Introduction and synopsis to following works: Foreign Soil, The Hate Race, and Carrying the World.
Also covering other examples of authors such as Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Americanah), inclucing others who identify as female and African-American, Reni Eddo-Lodge “Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race”, and Zadie Smith.
- All Upcoming Classes
- Special Events
- Sunday Fun @ The Preston Market
- Ethics for Our Future World
- Past Events
- The Zero Waste Series
- The Ideology Smackdown Series
- DIY Christmas with Laneway Learning!
- Fascinating Feminist Authors
- Mental Health Week with City Libraries 2017
- Light / Play at QV
- Move More, Sit Less – Fashion Walking Tours
- The Rastro Market
- Enlightening Philosophy
- Mental Health Week with City Libraries 2016
- LL in the Library
- Science Spectacular
- Festival of Lunchtimes
- Dancing with Active Melbourne
- Sunday Spectacular!
- Past Classes
- Want to Teach?
- Private Events
- About Us
- Rent LL Central