The first ever Laneway Learning classes will happen in March and April, 2012.
For an idea of the kind of classes they will be, you should check out the Brooklyn Brainery in New York.
It was only after seeing what Jen and the team at the Brooklyn Brainery do that we decided to launch a similar thing here in Melbourne.
They have done heaps of classes in the past 18 months, including:
- How to be an Indian vegetarian (in New York)
- Perfect pie crust
- How to write for newspapers and magazines
- Card games you probably haven’t heard of
- Investing without losing your soul or your shirt
- Bookbinding basics
- Becoming a self-made cameraperson
- What Dickens drank: historic summer cocktails
- Color! (is awesome even if you’re not an artist)
- Scents and sensibility
- The life of Che Guevara
- Tying knots
- Dinosaurs: myths and legends
- Economics 101
- Coding for designers
- The history of pizza
- Cartooning for the people
- …and many more
If you know someone who you think would enjoy teaching a course a bit like one of these, please put them in touch with us!