What are the possible futures of humanity? And what can do do about it? We’re bringing you a special series of classes focused on ethics for our future world.
What do smartphones, Donald Trump, self-driving cars, climate change and computer games all have in common? They all tell us what the future could look like. As technology advances faster and faster, the world gets smaller and we all get richer. Our capacity to change the world grows ever stronger, and the future can be intimidating.
This series of classes will look at realistic scenarios for the future. We will analyse how we fit into it, and most importantly of all, what we can do about it.
Get an introduction to an ethics-based analysis of our potential future.
- Automation and the end of work.
- The rise of artificial intelligence.
- Smartphones and the end of the individual.
- The perils of successful space travel.
- The end of the world as we know it with run-away climate change.
All classes are $14 and will be held at Embiggen Books in Melbourne CBD.